Local Community Information – Weybridge Centre For The Community
The Weybridge Centre
Weybridge Centre For The Community is located at the heart of Weybridge overlooking the Bowling Green.
This is one of seven centres in Elmbridge for the community that offers a wide range of services, facilities and activities for those over 50.
Membership To The Elmbridge Community Centres
In order to use the facilities at the centres for the community you are required to hold a valid community discount card. A card will cost £13 for an Elmbridge resident and also entitles you to discounts at selected retailers throughout Elmbridge. You are not restricted to just one centre; you are able to use the facilities of all 7.
Please contact Community Support Services on 01372 474552 for any information about our services or contact the manager of the centre if you wish to visit.
- Arts & Crafts Classes
- Computer Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Special Events
- Line Dancing
- Carers Choir / Singing Group
and much more!
Services on offer at Weybridge Centre include:
- Advice & Information
- Three Course Lunches (£3.60 and £5.20 for non-members)
- Hairdressing, Beauty Treatments &Therapies
- Hairdressing by appointment (Tuesday to Friday)
- Chiropody and Beauty Treatments by appointment
- Bathing/Showering & Laundry Services
- Wheelchair Loan Scheme
- Available for hiring during evenings and weekends. Please contact the Centre for further details.
- Health & Wellbeing Information & Services
- Citizens Advice Bureau – See section below for information
- Assistance for those with dementia – See Weybridge Dementia Alliance section below
- Tea & Bar Facilities
- Computer Club
- Weybridge Stroke Group meets every Monday 10.00am – 2.00pm. Come and socialise, enjoy home cooked lunch, raffle every week, special exercise classes.
- Parkinsons Group meets every Thursday 10.00am to 2.00pm, for residents suffering from Parkinson’s disease. We have regular therapy and a three course lunch – transport can be arranged for residents living in Weybridge.
- Specialist Care with Extend Exercises – For people suffering from Parkinson’s disease. We have regular therapy and a three course lunch. Transport can be arranged for people living in Weybridge.
If you are interested in visiting the Centre but would require transport please ring the centre manager who will be happy to visit you and discuss your transport needs.
Weybridge Dementia Action Alliance
We are members of this local group which aims to make Weybridge more Dementia friendly. Our staff have undertaken a Dementia Friends training session. For further information on Weybridge DAA please see the page on the following listing.
Currently around 16,252 people live with dementia in Surrey. With thousands of families and friends acting as carers for them, it has become both a social and financial imperative to support people living in their own local communities.
Citizens Advice Elmbridge (West)
Citizens Advice Bureau – Do you need any help to complete bulky forms or need advice regarding benefits? If so come and see our highly skilled Advisory Officer.
For all: Thursday 10.00am – 12.00pm
Older Peoples Advisory Service – for people over the age of 60: every Monday and Friday 10.00am – 12.00pm
The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Volunteering for Community Support Services
Broaden your horizons and help your local community.
There are many opportunities to meet new people, become part of an essential support team or share your skills with others.
If you have some spare time why not ask your local centre manager about vacancies including part time flexible opportunities?
Contact Details for The Weybridge Community Centre
The Weybridge Centre For The Community
Surrey KT13 8DB