Weybridge Town Business Group – November 2018 Meeting
Notice of Weybridge Town Business Group Meeting to be held at Waitrose on Wednesday 7th November 2018
New Members Welcome
Paul Povey (Chairman)
Where & When
Start time is 6pm and we usually finish by 7.30pm.
Please make yourself known to the Welcome Desk team on your arrival and parking is available in the car park.
Address for Meeting
62 High Street,
Our Last Event – Merry Christmas Weybridge
Click on the play button above to listen to the programme by Brooklands Radio, presented by Alan Bosson, James Pearce and James Harvey.
All About Weybridge can recommend listening to Brooklands Radio
Also see the video below produced by Elmbridge BC, by clicking on the play button.
11am – 6pm
Artisan Food & Craft Market
Children’s Lantern Parade
Christmas Tree Lights Switch On
Choirs, Hog Roast, Mulled Wine, Mince Pies
For more information click on the market image
Last Meeting (October 2018)
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Christmas Event Saturday 1st December 2018
3. Parking Review Update
4. Dementia Friendly Community Update
5. Update from Councillors – Weybridge Town Meeting Monday 15th October
6. Weybridge Streetscape Scheme – Entering Planning stage
7. Sponsorship and Membership/Financial update
8. Aims and What do Weybridge Businesses need
9. Any Other Business
- We had 14 attendees and apologies from 6
- We discussed the Christmas event being held in Baker Street on Saturday 1st December . We have applied for the closure of Baker Street from 11am to 8pm, with the market being held from 1pm to 6pm. We have 30 fantastic stalls with Choirs and a Children’s Lantern parade.
- The Lights switch on will be at 4.45pm and it will be a great event that we hope all will be able to come too and enjoy.
- We discussed the Parking review and were given some helpful guidance from our councillors.
- The Weybridge Dementia Action Alliance creating a Dementia friendly community is growing.
- We encouraged all to attend one of the two Town meetings being held, or both on The 11th and 15th October. They are great opportunities to hear about our towns progress and share views.The Brooklands accessibility scheme was discussed.
- The Weybridge Streetscape scheme is almost ready to go as we enter the final planning phase.
- We updated the meeting on finances. We have funds just under 2000 pounds, but with the challenge of providing Christmas lights and trees at around £3,000/£5,000 any sponsorship is welcome and key.
- We discussed what Weybridge needs and a Loyalty scheme with discounts in local businesses was put forward and we will examine in the new year as well as meet with the successful exponents in Cobham.