Weybridge Town Business Group April 2020 Update
I hope that you are all well and safe.
As we are unable to get together at the moment, I thought I would just update you on what has been happening and achieved since our last meeting at the end of February.
The Covid 19 Coronavirus pandemic has affected all of our lives and whilst the safety of all is paramount it has in particular affected massively the business operations in our town.
Elmbridge Borough Council have lots of information on its website relating to the actions the council have and are taking as well as useful information on what help is available. I will list some available support below and Doug Perkins the Economic Development Officer at Elmbridge can offer more assistance.
01372 474 176
Support For Businesses
Coronavirus loan interruption scheme for mid and large sized businesses is live from 20th April. Visit GOV.UK Website
Grant funding of £10,000 for any businesses eligible for small business rate relief (A property with a rateable value up to £15,000)
Grant funding of £25,000 for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.
12 month business rates holiday for all retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Nursery Businesses in England.
Please E-Mail email@example.com if you think you meet the criteria for business grants or the business rates holiday and they can double check for you.
Help for Self Employed with grants through the self-employment income support scheme.
There is a lot more information and Doug and the Economic development team at Elmbridge can help.
1. Our VE Day “Cake Off” Market due for the 9th May is postponed to September 12th. We have incurred some printing costs. We have let all stallholders know of the changed dates.
2. Our Union Flags will go up throughout the Town from Monday 27th April so that they are in place to brighten us up and be in place for the VE Day bank holiday on the 8th May.
3. The Streetscape project continues and most of the paving is now complete. Pavers for the shared parking spaces linking the road to the pathway are still awaited and the project can be completed when these arrive.
The performance area is now ready and we will share with you ideas for music and other acts that will be able to use this area when we are released.
4. There is a local charity supporting hospitals by making kit for them to wear that have contacted us. helpyournhs.co.uk
5. The community Infrastructure Levy due for 2020-2021 has been cancelled and the next date for submitting applications will be February 2021.
6. Councillor Charu Sood and Councillor Tim Oliver have been very supportive with our desire to improve the garden space at the top of Monument Hill. I am also grateful to Liz Denham for her support. Plans are in place to prune the trees and to remove the railings. We have seen works carried out by Hillcrest that have cleared some of the site. I hope that we can take this opportunity to improve the whole of this important entry to our town.
Thats all for now.
Please stay safe.
Contact Weybridge Town Business Group
Follow us on Twitter: @WeybridgeGreen