Crossroads Care Surrey – Caring For Carers
Crossroads Care Surrey – Who We Are
There is increasing recognition that society depends heavily upon unpaid Carers, who can find themselves on call ‘24/7’ for years on end – a burden that often takes a toll on their own health. An unpaid Carer is someone who looks after a family member, relative, friend, or neighbour because of a long-term physical or mental ill health or disability that they have. For instance this could range from a child with cerebral palsy, to someone from dementia.
Together, we can help more Carers make a life of their own outside of caring.
Crossroads Care Surrey – Where We Work
Crossroads Care Surrey assists unpaid Carers across most parts of the county and some areas of Middlesex.
Our head office is located in Leatherhead but our services cover the whole of Surrey.
Crossroads Care Surrey – Why Chose Us?
- We take a personalised approach to care and all services are based around individual needs.
- We have over 200 professional Carer Support Workers (CSWs) who each receive over 45 hours of training.
- We have over 30 years caring experience and we look after approximately 2,000 clients.
- We are committed to sending the same Carer Support Worker to families each week, providing continuity of care, trust and emotional support. This is especially helpful with
- dementia patients.
- We invest more time than other organisations in the initial assessment to get a detailed picture of what is required. All of our Carer Support Workers follow a structured Care Plan
- which is set out by one of our Care Co-ordinators at an initial assessment that is reviewed regularly.
- We are regulated by Care Quality Commission (CQC), Ofsted and Crossroads own measuring tool CROQUET.
- We will always put the interests of Carers and the people for whom they care above all other considerations.
- We will always respect their individuality, dignity, choice, independence and safety.
- We will embody professionalism with a human face.
- We will be flexible and innovative to extend our service.
Crossroads Care Surrey – What We Do
We provide high-quality, bespoke care for your loved one in their own home. Our highly trained Carer Support Staff take over a Carers responsibility for a few hours each week. This “me-time” contributes to the Carer’s physical and mental well-being, enabling them to have some time to themselves, to meet with friends, participate in leisure activities, go shopping or simply relax. The key factor is that they can spend their time with complete peace of mind, knowing that the Crossroads Care staff member is a qualified professional working to a detailed care plan.
Why do we need to support unpaid Carers?
- 60% of us will take on a caring role at some point in our life.
- The peak age for caring is 45- 65 years – typically working age.
- Carers are the largest providers of care and support in the UK.
- The economic value of Carers contributions is more than the entire annual NHS budget.
- 1:5 Carers will give up work to take on a caring role.
- 83% of Carers said caring has had a negative impact on their physical health.
- 87% of Carers said caring had a negative impact on their mental health.
“1 in every 4 unpaid Carers take up to 5 years to understand they are a Carer. If you believe you are a Carer, please make sure you look after yourself and let your GP know.“