Weybridge Surrey Health & Fitness > Yoga Classes, Therapies & Counselling
Vern Yoga Surrey – For anyone and everyone who has an interest in their well-being, health and fitness.
There are many aspects to yoga, from the obvious health benefits to its rich history and philosophy.
Whether you wish to know everything about this ancient system, or just to simply learn a wonderful form of exercise that stimulates the whole body inside and out, that strengthens, tones creates flexibility as well as relaxing the mind and body and boost energy.
Yoga is great for complementing other sports, training and other therapies as well as being a complete program in its own right.
About Vernette Butler
Fully insured & registered (Licenced) Yoga Teacher, Therapist and Fitness Instructor.
I have many interests and have studied many subjects but my main passion is yoga. I have been practising and teaching for 9 years and have amounted over 6,500 hours worth of home study, personal yoga and exercise practice, voluntary teaching experience, training, classes and private 1-2-1 sessions.
I also have gym and personal training experience at three gyms in Surrey and currently work at Curves Ladies gym in Chertsey where I’m a gym instructor and run two popular Legs, Bums and Tums classes.
I run yoga classes in Weybridge, at Top Golf Gym in Addlestone and Curves Chertsey.
I have a private therapy room in Chertsey where I do 1-2-1 yoga and exercise sessions, reiki and other therapies.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) I’m currently studying: Yoga Therapy Diploma (Dip.Th.) (4years including general and shiatsu massage techniques), Acupressure and Acupuncture Diploma and Thai Yoga Massage.
Yoga, Fitness and Complimentary Therapy
Qualifications and experience:
- First Aid for Sports Certificate (HSE)
- CYQ level 2 Fitness Instruction (inc. Anatomy and Physiology)
- Yoga Teacher ASET level 3 Diploma (250 hours)
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course Diploma (200 hours)
- Kevala Centre, Yoga Practical Training weekend (14 hours)
- British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Certificate
- Yoga Therapy Foundation, Certificate of Merit, Life Centre / Biomedical Trust (300 hours)
- Yoga In Health Diploma (200 hours – incl basic massage therapies)
- Reiki 1st and 2nd Degree, Reiki Evolution
- Presentation Skills for Therapists Certificate 150 hours
- Curves Release 1 and 2 Certificates – Circuit Coach and Sales and Presentations
My Styles of Yoga – Vernyoga
Hatha Yoga is the yoga of movement and action and I practise many style from gentle to vigorous forms. This is the basic form of physical yoga that all other forms are derived from. I teach classic Hatha Yoga with eclectic influence of styles from Sivananda to a little adapted Ashtanga.
The movements are gentle, yet challenging as they are adapted to everyone’s needs in the class or in personal tuition. Everyone can do this yoga – I could do it when I was overweight and I have taught this style of class to everyone from age 6 to 86.
Restorative or therapeutic Yoga (injuries, muscle aches, stiffness etc…) is gentle and involves more re-alignment and manipulation.
Yoga Therapy again a therapeutic form of yoga tailored to individual needs and uses yoga to aid and treat medical conditions such as back injuries or aches, headaches, IBS etc… can include different types of massage, relaxation, visualization and any other therapies if required. Suitable for everyone, not just those with stressful, busy lives.
The Benefits Of Yoga
Why do yoga? – Because it has all these benefits:
- Promotes a feeling of well being – by toning both mind & body
- Increases an awareness and strength in the body
- Works on internal organs (liver, kidneys become cleansed), cells, glands (such as thyroid which regulates weight), and the endocrine system, regulates the metabolism and in turn appetite and weight control
- Improves posture and delays the “ageing” process!
- Improves digestion and elimination process
- Improves circulation, skin tone, hair growth
- Can be done by “everyone” – all ages shapes and sizes. For the inflexible it will make them flexible, great for kids as its fun and something to learn, get them into exercise at an early age
- It can be restorative for mild injuries, muscle pulls and aches and pains
- Creates strong muscle foundations for other sports or exercise but is perfect at toning in itself with many styles to choose from
- Creates strong bones and joints. Keeps the spine young and strong. A flexible strong spine is the key to youth and posture as well it being a second brain that feeds and functions the organs around it
- Promotes a positive happier attitude and rewards the practising individual with the “Feel-Good Factor”
- For every problem, there is a yoga move to help, it sometimes helps to think of yoga as a toolbox, if you have a problem or pain, pluck out a move to help. There are forward bends that help lift mood, back bends that keep you young, supple and open out stiffness as well as helping with Asthma. There are twists for stomach, wind and digestion problems. Moves for headaches and migraine. The list is endless.
- Calms and disciplines the mind and can alleviate and control depression or mood swings
- Yoga can also help with addictions, be it food, alcohol, tobacco….
“What a superb yoga teacher Vernette is. There are yoga teachers who can show you moves, who can quote in Sanskrit, who can make you feel good. Vernette does that rare thing – she teaches with passion, bringing her understanding of how yoga transformed her body and her life to every move in every class, and inspiring people to transform their lives.”Kim Kellas
Yoga Therapy is one to one teaching and can be arranged even from the comfort of your own home or from a studio and includes not only yoga postures but can include massage, breathing techniques, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.
Yoga Classes in Surrey
These are classic hatha yoga classes suitable for any ability, concentrating on building strength, flexibility and health through postures, breath and relaxation. They are taught in a modern style, light hearted with a dash of sanskrit, history, anatomy and philosophy and an occasional dip into the style of Ashtanga (depending collective level of class attending).
Kids Yoga – Yoga Bears
To set up a yoga kids club or join, either privately or as an after school group or PE class, again please email me and we can arrange something as I currently do not have a kids / school group.
Private Yoga Tuition and Therapies
For 1-2-1 Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Assisted Yoga session, it is always advisable to have a consultation first to discuss your health history and lifestyle and to tailor a program to meet your individual needs and programs can be prepared for you to do to in your own time as well.
Contact Details for Vern Yoga Weybridge
Address / Locations
Thorpe Village Hall. Coldharbour Lane. Egham. Surrey. TW20 8TE (Tuesday and Wednesday morning classes)
Stepgates, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8HT (Tuesday evening class)
Pyrcroft Grange, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9EW (Saturday Fusion Class)
Weybridge Library Lecture Hall, Church Street KT13 8DE (green door at front of library and up the stairs to first floor) (Monday evening, Wednesday evening, Saturday morning classes)
Lyne Village Hall, Lyne Lane, Lyne, Chertsey KT16 0AN Thursday classes (Bit chilly in winter so layer your clothes)
The Dermal Lounge, 29 Church St, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DG (Friday Therapy location)
The Riverbourne Beauty Room, Riverbourne Gym, Heriot Road, Chertsey (Friday Therapy location) *CURRENTLY NOT HOLDING THERAPIES HERE AUG ’17)
Weybridge Road – Office location and occasional therapy location