The Big Picture – NW Surrey NHS Drop-In Exhibition / Consultation In Weybridge
The Big Picture – Rethinking Out Of Hospital Services In North West Surrey
This follows our earlier commitment to engage the public across North West Surrey on our out of hospital and urgent care strategy. Following this engagement we will be better placed to determine the services that will eventually go into the new healthcare facility that will be built on the site of the old Weybridge Hospital. The Big Picture campaign launches on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 with an exhibition style event at The Ship Hotel in Weybridge (3 – 8pm). This event will be an opportunity to describe the many different services that make up ‘out of hospital’ and ‘urgent’ care, and how these are changing and improving to provide more support for local people across the whole North West Surrey area.
We want to hear your thoughts and views to help us shape our thinking.
Scope: What Are Out Of Hospital Services?
Out Of Hospital Services
All health and care services that take place outside major hospitals – this includes GP and other primary care services; walk-in services; community services; most mental health services; health visiting services and so on.
All non-routine services that people may need to access quickly; it includes GP out-of-hours, non-emergency walk-in facilities such as walk-in centres, minor injuries units and urgent care centres and NHS 111.
A&E and 999 ambulance calls for life-threatening and emergency situations.
Participation / Location
To ensure we are able to speak with as many people as possible – please let us know when you plan to come along to the drop-in session on 2 October 2018.
Event Address: Ship Hotel, Monument Green, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8BQ
See map lower down on this page.
North West Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group – Who Are We?
A new local partnership
The local health and care organisations, including local authorities, are working together in a new partnership. This is helping us think more creatively about how we can improve and join up services across health and social care.
Our partnership includes:
• The local hospital Trust (Ashford & St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust), community healthcare (CSH Surrey), mental health and learning disability services (Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust), ambulance services (South East Coast Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust)
• Local GPs and the local GP Federation* NICs (North West Surrey Integrated Care Services Ltd)
• North West Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group (responsible for planning and funding your healthcare)
• Surrey County Council, responsible for public health and adult social care
• The four local councils: Elmbridge, Runnymede, Spelthorne and Woking.