Woking & Sam Beare Hospices – Bobby Davro Gala Spectacular at the New Victoria Theatre
In aid of Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, stand-up comedian Bobby Davro is set to return to the New Victoria Theatre in Woking for his 10th Annual Gala Spectacular on Sunday 27th October 2019 at 7pm.
Bobby will as in other years be appearing with a great selection of stars from the world of entertainment, including Comedy, Music & Variety. It will be a fantastic night that you won’t want to miss.
Please note: the photos on this page are from previous years to illustrate a typical Bobby Davro gala for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices. The artists vary each year, so those in the photos may not be appearing this year.
Bobby regularly visits the Woking Hospice to say hello to patients and some of their relatives in Day Care as well as taking a tour of the ward.
The photo below shows one of his visits before his show in a prior year. A natural with fans, he brightened the days of all at the Hospices by cracking jokes and posing for photos, with hugs and kisses on the cheek for all.
Since his mother passed away at the Hospices, Bobby has been a steadfast advocate of the work of the charity, and puts on a show every year to raise money for us.
He speaks about his connection to the Hospices, saying: “my mother was so lucky to have been cared for at Sam Beare and this show is the least I can do to say thank you to the Hospices. I’m proud to be supporting them.”
Support Bobby’s show and help raise money for the Hospices at the same time. Make sure you book your seats soon as the tickets are selling fast.
The star-studded line up is being confirmed over the coming weeks. So far on the hand-bill is Kerry Ellis (singer in West End musicals), Henning Wehn (comedian), Kev Orkian (comedian) & Andy Abraham (singer, X-factor runner-up), Milton Jones (comedian), Danny Posthill (impressionist – Britain’s Got Talent Finalist), Matt Stirling (magician & stuntman, Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist), Frankies Guys (celebrating the music of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. Winners of London Best Tribute 2019) & Rod Woodward (comedian
Typical ticket prices range from £24.15-£34.15 excluding booking fees.
Book Now – Don’t Miss Out!
Call the hospice on 01483 742771 or the New Victoria Theatre on 0844 871 7645 (please mention the All About Weybridge website)
or book online.
New Victoria Theatre Woking Address
The Peacocks Centre,
Surrey GU21 6GQ
About Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- We deliver 8,760 hours of care and support each year
- Our team of specialist healthcare professionals care for our patients 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- We care for approximately 2,000 patients each year
- Over 70% of our care is delivered in patient homes or care or nursing homes
- We receive referrals from Spelthorne, West Elmbridge, Woking, North Guildford, Surrey Heath and Runnymede but we can take patients outside of our region if required
- We are specialists in care for patients with advanced progressive complex needs
- We care for patients with, for example, advance dementia, heart disease, cancer, degenerative conditions and kidney disease
- We care for adults of all ages [18 – 85+]
- Our services are completely FREE of charge
- We offer support services for carers and family members
- We provide child and teenage bereavement counselling
- Our Wellbeing Centre offers a range of treatments and therapies
- We have 816 fabulous volunteers, without whom we could not deliver all that we do
- We work closely with GPs and other clinicians to share knowledge and expertise
- For every £5 of costs incurred we need to raise £4 from voluntary income
- We need to raise in excess of £8 million a year to continue to deliver our services
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is a patient-centred charity that delivers specialist palliative care to adult patients of all ages who have life-limiting and terminal illnesses. We cover the North West Surrey region, providing free of charge holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers. Each year we care for over 2000 patients, their families and carers both in our hospice and their own homes (where over 70% of our care is delivered) enabling patient choice and the best quality of life.
We care for adults of all ages with a wide range of life limiting conditions such as cancer, heart disease, Motor Neurone Disease (MND), chronic pulmonary conditions, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We help patients to manage their symptoms, which are often complex and why they require the expertise of our Clinical Nurse Specialists and specialist doctors.
Our services enable us to offer our patients holistic care, which means we offer practical, emotional, social and spiritual support as well as managing their medical needs. We offer day care services where patients receive assessments, treatments and therapies, as well as emotional and spiritual support. We also deliver counselling for our patients and their families, including child bereavement services and school support programmes.
We are a charity, and while we receive some government funding, around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.
For more information about Woking & Sam Beare Hospices please see the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices page
Woking and Sam Beare Hospices are independent charities dedicated to providing specialised end of life care and support to local people, their families and carers. Registered charity number for Woking Hospice: 1082798. Registered charity number for Sam Beare Hospice: 1115439.
Around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.