Weybridge Town Business Group – February 2020 Meeting
Notice of Weybridge Town Business Group Meeting to be held at Waitrose, Weybridge on Tuesday 25th February 2020
Our February meeting is a changed date to Tuesday 25th February, I hope many of you can come along.
- Welcome and Apologies
- Actions from January Meeting
- Plan For 2020
9th May VE Day Cake Off Special with Market
16th August Ride London Community Market
5th December Christmas Market
- Streetscape Scheme Progress
Started 13/1 Ends 23/3 ( 4/4 Latest if delayed) Plan Celebration
Nb: See page Weybridge Streetscape Project Is Underway
- Councillor Updates
including Brooklands Accessibility. Weybridge regeneration, Monument Hill Garden Space Project, Weybridge in Bloom.
- Town Issues or Projects
including Weybridge Dementia Action Alliance, Policing, Big Shed Project Progress
- Developing our Finances
Sponsorship Packages, Increased Market rates, Use of Streetscape
- Developing Support Roles for WTBG
- Any Other Business
New Members Welcome
Bring a friend and sign them up to the business group!
Paul Povey (Chairman)
Where & When
Our next meeting is on Tuesday 25th February 2020 at Waitrose & Partners in Weybridge High Street.
Please park in the car park and report to the customer service desk where you will be guided to the meeting room.
Start time is 6pm and we usually finish by 7.30pm.
Address for Meeting
Waitrose & Partners
62 High Street
Radio Programme & Video
Highlights from the Weybridge Christmas Market including The Children’s Lantern Parade and Celebrity Christmas Tree Lights Switch On.
Click on the play button above to listen to the programme by Brooklands Radio, presented by Alan Bosson, James Pearce and James Harvey.
All About Weybridge can recommend listening to Brooklands Radio
Also see the video below produced by Elmbridge BC, by clicking on the play button.
“Thanks to Angel C Grant who crowd-funded for improved lights and decorated the tree with amazing personalised baubles for those who had requested one. My kids absolutely love searching for their bauble as we walk past – such a lovely touch!”
July & September 2019 Meeting Notes and Actions.
- Attendees. Paul Povey, Robert Navarro, Brian Eastwood, Gill Eastwood, Sharon Ferrari, Pimm and Marcel, Doug Perkins, Annabelle Yeomans, Vicki McLeod, Alex Young. Apologies from Chris Grace (All About Weybridge)
- The July meeting was held at WISE, we are very grateful for the support from local businesses who provide meeting rooms free of charge. Thank you
- The Weybridge Cake off event held on June 15th had been a success, with over 40 cakes entered. Ruth Langsford had again been kind enough to be head Judge and we are grateful to all Judges for their time.
- Union flags (32) celebrating our country and providing sparkle for our town through the period of the Ride London cycle event were up and would be there until November when the Christmas Trees go up.
- The Weybridge Streetscape scheme was still held up.
- The September meeting was held at Waitrose. The Ride London Event with our community market was held on August 4th, It was a success.
- Christmas. We have been successful in gaining a main sponsor Mundays a Law firm well respected and established in Weybridge. We are very grateful for their support. Xmas event plans are progressing well for our Christmas Market on November 30th. We still need a local celebrity to switch on the lights.
- We have made progress on our Streetscape scheme and a start date in January should be possible.
- Dementia training is available to us all.
- The Brooklands Accessibility scheme that will connect the Town to Brooklands is progressing well and will develop next year. We have been involved in new signage throughout the Town identifying our attributes and attractions, this will be a big achievement for us as we identified this as a need some years ago. The Heath Road footpath that has vexed many of us will be open and accessible to all.
- The Local Plan review is current.
- We agreed to develop links with landlords to see if we can increase their commitment to the Town as we currently have the highest number of vacant shops in our period of office (24)
- We are part of the Ask Us Elmbridge scheme to help with domestic abuse in the borough.
More Information About Weybridge Town Business Group
Can be found on the detailed page for Weybridge Town Business Group.