Weybridge Town Business Group – April 2018 Meeting
Notice of Weybridge Town Business Group Meeting to be held at Handelsbanken on Wednesday 25th April 2018
Our Focus for this meeting will be our Plans and Aims for 2018.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Great Weybridge Cake Off Event Saturday 5th May
3. Parking Review Update
4. Dementia Friendly Community Update
5. Update from Councillors
6. Weybridge Streetscape Scheme
7. Sponsorship and Membership/Financial update
8. Any Other Business
New Members Welcome
Bring a friend and sign them up to the business group!
Paul Povey (Chairman)
Where & When
Our next meeting is on Wednesday 25th April 2018 and will be held at Handelsbanken Offices in Waterloo Place, Baker Street Weybridge.
Start time is 6pm and we usually finish by 7.30pm.
Address for Meeting
40 Baker Street,
Surrey KT13 8AR
Our Last Event – Merry Christmas Weybridge
Radio Programme & Video
Highlights from the Weybridge Christmas Market including The Children’s Lantern Parade and Celebrity Christmas Tree Lights Switch On.
Click on the play button above to listen to the programme by Brooklands Radio, presented by Alan Bosson, James Pearce and James Harvey.
All About Weybridge can recommend listening to Brooklands Radio
Also see the video below produced by Elmbridge BC, by clicking on the play button.
“Thanks to Angel C Grant who crowd-funded for improved lights and decorated the tree with amazing personalised baubles for those who had requested one. My kids absolutely love searching for their bauble as we walk past – such a lovely touch!”Daisy Huntington
Saturday 2nd December 2017
11am – 6pm
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town!
Artisan Food & Craft Market
Children’s Lantern Parade
Celebrity Christmas Tree Lights Switch On
Choirs, Hog Roast, Mulled Wine, Mince Pies
For more information click on the market image
Last Meeting (February 2018)
At Our meeting in February we discussed our Plans and Aims for 2018.
- Welcome and Apologies
- Membership and Finance Update
- Plans for events in 2018
- Aims for 2018
- Parking Review update
- Councillors Update
- Dementia Friendly Community progress
- Any Other Business
Meeting attendance 17 in attendance..Meeting Topics and aims for 2018
- Our membership was not wide and stood at eight members. We were financially secure with £2609 in the bank.
- Sponsorship for 2018 including Christmas Lights focus which would require around £5,000 to £10,000 depending on the scheme chosen was a key aim.
- Events were planned for 2018 Cake Off on May 5th, Cycle Ride event on 29th July with Flags, Christmas event on 1st December with Christmas Lights.
- The Streetscape scheme to develop the area from The Ship to Elm Grove was discussed.
- The Weybridge Parking review in conjunction with The Weybridge Society was very important.
- Dementia awareness working with St James Church was a priority.
- Working with Councillors to improve the Weybridge Environment for Businesses alongside residents was a key motivator for us.
- Christmas lights and sponsorship were very important aims.
- Promoting the Town as the place to Live, Work and Shop was key.
More Information About Weybridge Town Business Group
Can be found on the detailed page for Weybridge Town Business Group.