The Many Health Benefits Of Playing Tennis
Tennis is a very popular sport all over the world and can be played by anyone, from child to senior citizen, tennis is fun for everyone. Tennis can be played by two people, which is called playing “singles”, or with four people which is called playing “doubles”. Players use racquets to hit a ball over a net into the other side of the court.
A game of tennis includes different types of play, including serving the ball over the net, rallies, fast movements and strategic game play. It challenges the body, mind and critical thinking skills. It’s an incredibly beneficial way to exercise and have tonnes of fun in the process. It can be enjoyed as a gentle recreational activity and is a wonderful way to spend some quality active time with friends and family. The benefits of tennis go much further than just an enjoyable and active way to spend an afternoon.
Some of the benefits of playing tennis on a regular basis include:
- Increases aerobic capabilities
- Lowers resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Improves metabolic function
- Increases bone density
- Lowers body fat and burns calories (men: around 600 per hour and woman around 420 per hour)
- Improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- perfects reaction times
- A great way to meet new people, socialise and spend quality time with family and close friends
- Can be played by all ages and skill levels
- Helps in reducing stress and cortisol levels
Even though tennis is as fun as playing at an online bingo casino and not too difficult to master too, there are still some situations to look out for. Keep these points in consideration when you take up tennis on a more regular basis:
- If you have an illness or injury, please consult your doctor first before playing tennis.
- Warm up your muscles and joints before hitting the court.
- Be sure to stay hydrated and to learn the correct techniques to avoid injury
- Play at a level according to your age and physical condition.
- If the court conditions are wet, consider playing indoors or postponing your match, especially if the surface is slippery.
The Weybridge Lawn Tennis Club is one of the many places that make Weybridge special. It is a stunning club situated in the beautiful and peaceful banks on the river Thames in Surrey. There are 5 well-kept and high quality courts which are all lit by flood lights, as well as 2 artificial clay courts, 3 tarmac courts, a floodlit practice wall and to top it all off: the balls are all free of charge. The members and staff are warm, friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming.
If you are new to tennis and need some coaching or guidance, there are well trained and highly knowledgeable coaches who you can book a session with through the front desk or website. Drop them and get ready to be treated like part of the Weybridge tennis family.