Join the Virtual Garden Show this month and support Princess Alice Hospice
Virtual Garden Show: 1st to 31st July 2020
Share your home-grown havens & visit other gardens online! – in support of the vital services of Princess Alice Hospice.
At this time of year, many people throw open their gardens to the public – allowing their hard work to be seen and enjoyed by many in aid of charity. It’s also the time of year where thousands of people flock to Chelsea or Hampton Court to enjoy the flower show.
We know how hard some of you have been working in your gardens and would love to give you the opportunity to showcase the fruits of your labour and you could win a gift voucher for either Garsons or for our shops – as well as giving us the opportunity to raise some funds to fund our Compassionate Care Continues appeal.
We’d love to see your garden or patch of oasis – big or small – wild or manicured – vegetables or verbena – roses or rustic. Or if you have worked on a community project and volunteered to make a place for others to enjoy – we would love to see those too. For all the budding junior gardeners who might have had spent some extra time whilst school has been out helping with the garden or growing their own plants – now is your time to shine and show off your green fingers!
Categories & Prizes
We have 10 categories and you can enter as many as you like:
- Best volunteer garden (somewhere used for others’ enjoyment but maintained by volunteers)
- Best ‘Good Life’ Garden (vegetable patches/allotments)
- Best small space
- Best junior gardener or school garden project
- Best Garden for Nature
- Best Blooms
- Most beautiful pots/planters/hanging baskets
- Overall Gorgeous Garden
- Most manicured garden
- In memory class – gardeners and garden lovers who are no longer with us
We have a £20 Garsons gift voucher for the winners of 3 categories (best good life garden, best garden for nature and overall gorgeous garden) and a £20 Princess Alice Hospice shops gift voucher for all other categories.
How To Enter
- Join our Facebook ‘Garden Show’ group (click on the ‘join group’ button – we will then approve your membership – once approved follow steps 2-5)
- Go to ALBUMS – and then find/click on the album/category you wish to enter (you can enter more than 1 category)
- Upload your photo(s) within the album
- Caption or comment on your photo(s) with your name and a comment about the photo, and please let us know if you are ‘PAH staff’
- Go to our JustGiving page and make a donation – however big or small. Please note when you make your donation which categories you have entered and please check your name is entered on your donation and it is not anonymous.
- Share the event with your friends and families and encourage them to take part too.
- If you do not have Facebook, please send your photos to SupporterCare@pah.org.uk, providing YOUR NAME, THE CATEGORY or CATEGORIES you wish to enter and confirm your donation for entry via the JustGiving page. If you are not able to donate via JustGiving please contact Supporter Care for more options.
- All entries must be received by 31 July, 2020 (midnight) – any entries after this date/time will not be entered
- Please only upload photos to our Facebook group – any pictures posted anywhere else will not be entered
There will be 2 winners in each category – one winner from each chosen by our sponsors Garsons and the other winner in each category will be the photos with most likes. The winners will be announced on 5 August 2020.
- All photos must be your own and you must own the rights to the image
- Your entry must be created by yourself and not by a professional – this can be done on your own personal camera/phone
- You must be aged 12 and over to enter
- By uploading your photo(s) to our Facebook group you are giving us permission to use and share your photo(s) for other media purposes (e.g. Hospice magazines and publications, Hospice website and e-newsletter, fundraising materials, to support press releases and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) etc.
Contact Princess Alice Hospice
For information or enquiries for this Virtual Garden Show event, you can get in touch by email or phone:
Donate to Princess Alice Hospice
However big or small please support us by making a donation on our JustGiving page
More Information About Princess Alice Hospice
Princess Alice Hospice: For Compassion. For Excellence. For People. For Living.
Princess Alice Hospice has, for more than 30 years, provided free, high quality, specialist end of life care to tens of thousands of people across a large part of Surrey, south west London and Middlesex. Today, at any one time, Hospice nurses, doctors and other specialist staff are looking after more than 800 people in need.
The Hospice’s mission is to reach out to even more people by delivering outstanding care to those that need it. To enable us to do this we will rely on the commitment and support of our communities who help us to raise vital funds.
£10.3 million is needed each year to provide these vital and much-needed services. With limited NHS funding, 78% of funding must be raised through voluntary donations and fundraising.
For more information about the charity and the work it does click on the link below.
For more information and some current volunteer opportunities, visit our website and select the volunteering page, or contact us by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01372 461856