Kitchens are the centre of your home, choosing the perfect colour palette for this room is important to reflect your lifestyle and the ambience you wish to create.
Here’s our top tips when it comes to colour in the kitchen:
• Lighter hues are best for wall furniture with dark colours on the base as they ground the kitchen.
• Use a different colour to create a feature island.
• Keeping things simple is the secret to successful two-tone kitchens, with the colours subtly blending together.
• Cool colours such as blue, green and violet can make a room appear larger.
• Lighter colours reflect light so use these colours in a dark room to brighten it up.
• Deeper colours draw you in to the room so consider warmer colours to make a space feel cosy.
• If you think you might want to change the look and feel of a space in the future then keep to a neutral design so you won’t need to change the key structure of the room.