Weybridge & Elmbridge Volunteering > Central Surrey Voluntary Action
Volunteering In Elmbridge
There are many volunteering opportunities in your local community – would you like to help make a difference?
Volunteering is something that everyone can do. Whatever your interests, wherever you live, whether you have a lot of time or a little – you will be giving your time to help charities and community groups improve lives.
Many Benefits From Volunteering
Not only will you have the satisfaction and achievement of making a difference, volunteering can also provide you with many benefits including:
- the opportunity to make new friends and contacts
- the chance to have fun doing something you’ve never tried before
- increased confidence
- a greater sense of well-being
- increased job and career prospects and new skills
Why I Volunteer at the Princess Alice Hospice Shop - Natalie Wiltshire-Grundy Natalie Wiltshire-Grundy: Shop Volunteer and now Sales Assistant Natalie has always been aware of the Hospice's role in the community but when her local shop moved to bigger premises, she...
The Elmbridge Volunteer Centre can help you to start making a difference
Before you start to volunteer it is important to take time to think about exactly what it is you want to do, how much time you want to commit and how often you can do it.
We can assist you through this process by either meeting you for a chat, discussing it over the phone or if it’s easier via email.
Once we’ve helped you to narrow down your choices we can then put you in touch suitable organisations.
Some of the ways you can help to make a difference
- caring for animals and wildlife
- spending time mentoring and befriending a vulnerable person
- working outdoors to improve the environment
- helping on local community projects
- becoming a school or college governor
- joining an organisation as a chairman, treasurer, trustee or committee member
- setting up a volunteer scheme at your workplace
Take your next step into volunteering
Take the next step into volunteering by visiting our website www.centralsurreyvoluntaryaction.co.uk/volunteering to find local volunteering opportunities.
If you wish to have informal conversation about volunteering in your local area, please contact us by phone or email and one of our volunteering team will get in touch with you.
Voluntary Sector Hub in the Mole Room of the Civic Centre in Esher
Open Mondays 10:00am-2:30pm.
The Voluntary Sector Hub provides an information point for people wishing to volunteer in Elmbridge or residents wanting to learn more and access the many services provided by local voluntary organisations – whether it is supporting older people, services for children and young people or getting involved with a local conservation, animal or wildlife group.
The Volunteer Centre in Walton Library
The Volunteer Centre is also in Walton Library on Wednesdays from 10am – 1pm
Please contact us for more details.
Registered Charity No: 1135830
Company No: 7174573
About Central Surrey Voluntary Action (CSVA)
To support and shape best practice in volunteering and social action in Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell and Mole Valley.
Our Core Delivery
Supporting organisations in:
- Finding volunteers through our volunteer centres in Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley
- Promoting volunteering opportunities to residents
- Understanding and meeting their DBS requirements
- Information service covering: Governance, funding, legislation and policy changes, local activities and events, best practice in volunteering, partnerships and job opportunities in the sector
- Promotion of volunteering and social action at a strategic and community level
- DBS application service
- Bespoke fundraising support
- Consultancy support in governance and best practice
- Projects and services against need
- Community development
More collaborative working, sharing delivery models, building on best practise and that’s just us! We want to listen to the sector and work to deliver on the priorities even in the tight economic environment we all find ourselves in.
Is your organisation looking for volunteers?
If your VCFS (Voluntary, Community & Faith Sector) organisation is looking for volunteers in the Elmbridge area, simply visit recruit volunteers section on the CSVA website and register your organisation or give us a call. See our contact details below.