London Marathon Run & Old Crown Pub Weybridge Event – Fundraising For Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
Inspired & Running For A Cause!
Bridgette James succesfully completed the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday and can be seen proudly wearing her medal. Please donate to Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, a crucial local charity.
More information about the charity and how to donate below.
Addlestone resident and mother of one Bridgette, received one of many sought-after ballot places in the 2018 London Marathon and wanted to run for a cause.
Bridgette said; “In 2015 I visited the Sam Beare Hospice in Weybridge and was moved by the compassion of the staff towards patients. The work they do resonates with people like myself who’ve worked in the nursing profession and is the main reason why I want to raise funds for this wonderful charity.”
Old Crown Pub Event
She said; “I love to sing and will be entertaining friends and locals at the Old Crown pub in Weybridge.”
There will be a raffle with some fantastic prizes to be won – the event starts from 8pm.
Why & How To Support The Hospice
Bridgette said; “I’m inspired by the service Woking & Sam Beare Hospices provides out in the community. I’ve chosen to run for the hospice as I’ve been touched by the thoughtful stories I’ve heard by word of mouth about the outstanding treatment it has provided for so many people’s loved ones.”
You can support Bridgette in her fundraising journey for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices by visiting her online giving page: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/bridgettejames2016
or texting BEEH50 £1 to 70070.
To find out more information about taking part in events for the hospice visit www.wsbhospices.co.uk, contact the Events Team on email@example.com or call 01483 881 752.
A patient-centred charity that delivers specialist palliative care to adult patients of all ages who have life-limiting & terminal illnesses. Covers North West Surrey, providing free holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers.
Key Facts About Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- We deliver 8,760 hours of care and support each year
- Our team of specialist healthcare professionals care for our patients 24 hours per day, seven
days per week
- We care for approximately 1,400 patients each year
- Over 70% of our care is delivered in patient homes or care or nursing homes
- We receive referrals from Spelthorn, West Elmbridge, Woking, North Guildford, Surrey Heath and Runnymede but we can take patients outside of our region if required
- We are specialists in care for patients with advanced progressive complex needs
- We care for patients with, for example, advance dementia, heart disease, cancer,
degenerative conditions and kidney disease
- We care for adults of all ages [18 – 85+]
- Our services are completely FREE of charge
- We offer support services for carers and family members
- We provide child and teenage bereavement counselling
- Our Wellbeing Centre offers a range of treatments and therapies
- We have 816 fabulous volunteers, without whom we could not deliver all that we do
- We work closely with GPs and other clinicians to share knowledge and expertise
- For every £5 of costs incurred we need to raise £4 from voluntary income
- We need to raise in excess of £8 million a year to continue to deliver our services
Around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.