Woking & Sam Beare Hospices – Dragon Boat Race & Fun Day 2019 – Join In The Fun!
Oars At The Ready! – Woking & Sam Beare Hospices – Dragon Boat Race & Fun Day
Join us at the 2019 annual Dragon Boat Races and Family Fun Day Sunday 19th May, 10am – 4pm at Goldsworth Park Lake sponsored by Trident Honda.
Teams of 12-20 rowers will take to the waters to compete to become the Dragon Boat Champions 2019. This is a great event for families, groups of friends and colleagues, clubs and any team who is up for lots of fun. Our boats are filling up fast so get in touch to secure your place.
Suitable for those aged 12 and up (children must have an adult aged 18 or over on the boat). No experience or equipment is required training and full safety briefing is provided.
Alongside the boat races will be our Family Fun Day with lots to enjoy on the banks of the lake, including a BBQ, face-painting, plant stall, tombola, refreshments and much more.
Our Dragon Boat event will once again be held in memory of hospice supporter Kris Cook, who grew up close to the lake where he pursued his love of water sports.
Registration is £25 per rower, with a suggested fundraising target of £50 per person. A £75 deposit is required to hold your boat (this will be off set against the rowers registration fees).
If you would like further information or to book your boat please contact Rachelle or Nicole on the Events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 881 752.
Goldsworth Park Lake & Recreation Ground
Goldsworth Park Recreation Ground, Wishbone Way, Woking, Surrey, GU21 3RT
About Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- We deliver 8,760 hours of care and support each year
- Our team of specialist healthcare professionals care for our patients 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- We care for approximately 2,000 patients each year
- Over 70% of our care is delivered in patient homes or care or nursing homes
- We receive referrals from Spelthorne, West Elmbridge, Woking, North Guildford, Surrey Heath and Runnymede but we can take patients outside of our region if required
- We are specialists in care for patients with advanced progressive complex needs
- We care for patients with, for example, advance dementia, heart disease, cancer, degenerative conditions and kidney disease
- We care for adults of all ages [18 – 85+]
- Our services are completely FREE of charge
- We offer support services for carers and family members
- We provide child and teenage bereavement counselling
- Our Wellbeing Centre offers a range of treatments and therapies
- We have 816 fabulous volunteers, without whom we could not deliver all that we do
- We work closely with GPs and other clinicians to share knowledge and expertise
- For every £5 of costs incurred we need to raise £4 from voluntary income
- We need to raise in excess of £8 million a year to continue to deliver our services
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is a patient-centred charity that delivers specialist palliative care to adult patients of all ages who have life-limiting and terminal illnesses. We cover the North West Surrey region, providing free of charge holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers. Each year we care for over 2000 patients, their families and carers both in our hospice and their own homes (where over 70% of our care is delivered) enabling patient choice and the best quality of life.
We care for adults of all ages with a wide range of life limiting conditions such as cancer, heart disease, Motor Neurone Disease (MND), chronic pulmonary conditions, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We help patients to manage their symptoms, which are often complex and why they require the expertise of our Clinical Nurse Specialists and specialist doctors.
Our services enable us to offer our patients holistic care, which means we offer practical, emotional, social and spiritual support as well as managing their medical needs. We offer day care services where patients receive assessments, treatments and therapies, as well as emotional and spiritual support. We also deliver counselling for our patients and their families, including child bereavement services and school support programmes.
We are a charity, and while we receive some government funding, around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.
For more information about Woking & Sam Beare Hospices please see the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices page
Woking and Sam Beare Hospices are independent charities dedicated to providing specialised end of life care and support to local people, their families and carers. Registered charity number for Woking Hospice: 1082798. Registered charity number for Sam Beare Hospice: 1115439.
Around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.