Santa Fun Run – Woking & Sam Beare Hospices – Join In The Fun & Help Our Vital Local Charity
Join Woking & Sam Beare Hospices for the charity’s annual Santa Fun Run at 10.30am on Sunday 3 December!
A great event for all the family, this 3k or 5k course starts and finishes at Woking Leisure Centre, looping around Woking Park. It’s pedestrianised and buggy- and wheelchair-friendly, and will be a lovely run around the park in the winter sun.
All ‘Santas’ will receive their own Santa Suit to keep, with a Santa hat for those aged 3 and under as part of their registration fee. There’s no sponsorship target for this fun event, the hospice simply want everyone to have a great time having lots of festive fun and to raise as much as they can.
There will be Christmas music from 12-piece woodwind band Herd of Sax, face-painting, refreshments and of course the all-important medal at the end of the run.
Any funds raised will go towards the £8million+ the charity needs to raise each year to fund the free end-of-life care it provides to 1,400 people across North West Surrey, and their families, both in the hospice and through its community nursing teams. Participants can register online at www.wsbhospices.co.uk
Adults are £12, 4-15yrs are £6 with children aged 3 and under free. There is a discounted family rate of £32 for 2 adults and 2 children.
Come and join us for a fantastic , fun and festive morning!
About Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- We deliver 8,760 hours of care and support each year
- Our team of specialist healthcare professionals care for our patients 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- We care for approximately 2,000 patients each year
- Over 70% of our care is delivered in patient homes or care or nursing homes
- We receive referrals from Spelthorne, West Elmbridge, Woking, North Guildford, Surrey Heath and Runnymede but we can take patients outside of our region if required
- We are specialists in care for patients with advanced progressive complex needs
- We care for patients with, for example, advance dementia, heart disease, cancer, degenerative conditions and kidney disease
- We care for adults of all ages [18 – 85+]
- Our services are completely FREE of charge
- We offer support services for carers and family members
- We provide child and teenage bereavement counselling
- Our Wellbeing Centre offers a range of treatments and therapies
- We have 816 fabulous volunteers, without whom we could not deliver all that we do
- We work closely with GPs and other clinicians to share knowledge and expertise
- For every £5 of costs incurred we need to raise £4 from voluntary income
- We need to raise in excess of £8 million a year to continue to deliver our services
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is a patient-centred charity that delivers specialist palliative care to adult patients of all ages who have life-limiting and terminal illnesses. We cover the North West Surrey region, providing free of charge holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers. Each year we care for over 2000 patients, their families and carers both in our hospice and their own homes (where over 70% of our care is delivered) enabling patient choice and the best quality of life.
We care for adults of all ages with a wide range of life limiting conditions such as cancer, heart disease, Motor Neurone Disease (MND), chronic pulmonary conditions, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We help patients to manage their symptoms, which are often complex and why they require the expertise of our Clinical Nurse Specialists and specialist doctors.
Our services enable us to offer our patients holistic care, which means we offer practical, emotional, social and spiritual support as well as managing their medical needs. We offer day care services where patients receive assessments, treatments and therapies, as well as emotional and spiritual support. We also deliver counselling for our patients and their families, including child bereavement services and school support programmes.
We are a charity, and while we receive some government funding, around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.
For more information about Woking & Sam Beare Hospices please see the Woking & Sam Beare Hospices page
Woking and Sam Beare Hospices are independent charities dedicated to providing specialised end of life care and support to local people, their families and carers. Registered charity number for Woking Hospice: 1082798. Registered charity number for Sam Beare Hospice: 1115439.
Around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.