Weybridge In Bloom – Design A Flowerbed Competition
Design A Flowerbed Competition
This year, Elmbridge Borough Council are inviting Elmbridge Residents to create a flower bed design that truly reflects what makes Weybridge such a special place to live. Is it its local history, town centre, the great riverside views or leafy spaces?
Tell us why you enjoy Weybridge by creating your own unique design based on your neighbourhood.
Remember to follow these useful tips: colours, patterns and shapes are important. Patterns must be bold and simple enough to be planted. Try and avoid too intricate details. Simple flowerbed designs are the best.
The winning design will be planted in Churchfields recreation ground in the spring.
As well as the pride and satisfaction of winning, there is also a £10 garden centre voucher for each age category.
Competition Entries - Closing Date 1st February 2019
Entries are welcome from Elmbridge School children:
• Years 3 to 6
• Years 7 to 11
and Adults aged 18+
Members of Weybridge in Bloom and local schools have been sent invitations to participate, but the competition is open to all Elmbridge residents.
How to submit your entry:
• Draw your design on an A4 sheet using a circular shape
• Use a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 colours.
• Remember, the actual flower bed is a 3 metre wide circle.
• Simple flower bed designs work best. To see examples of flowerbed designs that have been planted, visit www.instaplant.co.uk/gallery
• Fill in your details on an Entry Form and send your design to Elmbridge Borough Council to the address provided by Friday 1st February 2019
Weybridge In Bloom - More Information
Click on the following listing to see our page for Weybridge In Bloom. You can find out more about this great new initiative and get in touch to join and hear about future news and events.